Director of Federal Sales (Ashburn, VA)
Download PDF | Posted 02-20-2020
DISYS Solutions Inc. (DSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Federal Sales to lead the expansion of our existing federal sales division. DSI is a leading IT solution provider of network infrastructure with the following manufacturers: Cisco, HPE, Microsoft, VMware, Crestron, and many more. Included in these activities are accountability for profit and loss at project/task order level, tactical and strategic planning, workforce productivity, employee development, and employee retention. Leads the Federal Sales Team Lead and all Inside and Outside sales executives with account mapping and sales forecasting. This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President and will serve as a member of the sales management team.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Direct and grow the existing sales department to both civilian and DOD federal agencies.
- Plan, organize, and direct overall sales program to achieve sales volume and profits consistent with company objectives.
- Ensure that DSI is viewed as a key partner in the federal market and help position DSI favorably in the eyes of both the customer and our Tier 1 and 2 manufacturers.
- Visit customers at least two days per week.
- Responsible for maintaining the sales “pipeline” for new business as well as recapturing existing contracts.
- Recommend and execute sales plans, policies, goals and objectives for the organization's sales activities to expand market share in existing markets and capture new markets.
- Develop the broad policies for the development of new products/services to increased market share in collaboration with executive leadership.
- Participate in the development of annual and long-range strategic business plans.
- Contact prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advanced RFP postings, and professional organization meetings, conferences, and workshops.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (or similar business degree) REQUIRED.
- Must possess eight or more years of experience in an IT Solutions network infrastructure sales environment.
- Expert level of solutions and technical knowledge (Cisco, HPE, Microsoft, VMware, Crestron, etc.)
- Existing relationships with DSI’s core vendors.
- Existing federal customer relationships.
- Willing to travel with field sales teams to attend meetings and deliver customer presentations and/or briefings.
- Strong experience selling to Federal civilian and DOD agencies.
- Prior Sales Management experience required with a solid understanding of the federal sales cycle.
- Must be willing to travel locally as well as non-local travel. Travel can be up to 25% per year.
To apply send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer