Staff Accountant (Ashburn, VA)
Download PDF | Posted 06-27-2019
DSI is seeking a Staff Accountant based in Ashburn, Virginia. The Staff Accountant position supports the Accounting team with regards to various financial and accounting functions including (but not limited to) billing, Accounts Receivables (A/R), collections, intercompany transactions, financial statements, and general administration. The ideal candidate will have a sound background in accounting, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and able to work independently.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Primary responsibilities will be A/P, A/R, and general ledger reconciliation and analysis.
- Maintain General Ledger, ensure accuracy of all GL reconciliations, and assist with month-end closing, including financial statement consolidations.
- Reconcile bank, merchant, and credit card statements on a monthly basis.
- Ensure accuracy of cash receipts and cash disbursements.
- Practically apply modern office practices and procedures related to accounting, including spreadsheet programs for personal computers.
- Prepare high quality deliverables to internal and external clients in a timely and professional manner with emphasis on processing the following for payment: expense reports, vendor invoices, investigator payments, and credit card payments.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required (must be U.S. based degree; will not accept candidates with foreign Accounting degrees).
- 2-3 years in Staff Accountant role required in the following work duties: account reconciliations, bank req, credit card, etc.
- Proficiency in MS suite, specifically Excel.
- Must be efficient and accurate in data entry.
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills, be articulate and professional, and communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
To apply send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer