Security Engineer (Ashburn OR Other DSI Locations)
Download PDF | Posted 06-26-2018
The individual in this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of secure and manageable security infrastructures, providing security engineering and operational support for security enforcement devices and related LAN infrastructure across multiple brands while ensuring that a broad and deep exposure to security, network, and server security best practices are applied and utilized.
The position also requires the individual to be responsible for managing the installation of security solutions in the enterprise platform for various customer locations. The individual is responsible for, but not limited to, assessment, technical evaluation, proof of concept, technical troubleshooting, problem solving, and final test and turn-up of the service to the customers. Good communication skills are necessary to organize outside customers, contractors, managers, and non-management personnel in order to implement the service.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Perform remote and on-site client consultation: plan, design, implement, and support the security infrastructure including intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
- Maintain firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Configure and install security infrastructure devices.
- Determine latest technologies and processes that improve the overall security of the system.
- Assist Account Executives during the sales process with pre-sales support and author responses to RFPs.
- Supervise the configuration and installation of new software and hardware.
- Facilitate calls between the customers and various teams and vendors to resolve any and all issues.
- Facilitate calls between the customers and various teams to resolve any and all issues.
- Escalate issues and problems on behalf of the customer.
- Replace the security system protocol and architecture.
- Cisco CCNA Security
- Cisco ASA and Firepower experience
- BS/BE degree in computer science, cybersecurity, IT or equivalent experience
- Proven work experience in network security
- Experience in designing and maintaining security systems
- Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols
- Complete command of security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful scenarios
- Ability to communicate and report network security incidents and issues to upper management
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to work independently
Desired but not Required
- CCIE Security
- Palo Alto experience
- Juniper experience
- Cisco ISE experience
- Splunk or AlienVault experience
- SOC experience
- CEH or CISSP certification
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, data loss prevention methods, and disaster recovery methods; investigating intrusion and hacking incidents, collecting incident responses, and carrying out forensic investigations.
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer