Sales Account Representative – Entry Level (Ashburn, Virginia)
Download PDF | Posted 06-19-2018
The Sales Account Representative is responsible for developing and increasing the SLED (State, Local, and Education) and Federal market segments from an inside sales and account management perspective. This will be accomplished through telephone and/or email. The sales focus will be Cisco and other OEM partners. This includes identifying and qualifying opportunities, developing quotes to prospective clients, and essentially owning and coordinating the entire inside sales cycle. Our compensation plan is base plus commission.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Match Cisco products and services to customer requirements
- Provide current and new clients with product information, quote prices, credit terms, and rates in a timely manner
- Manage multiple purchase orders at a time and update/perform data entry of such purchase orders in our sales communication software tool
- Sell Cisco products and solutions to state and local agencies, school districts, higher education institutions, and Federal entities
- Participate in Cisco product training sessions and meetings
- Accurately and fully record customer requests, concerns, suggestions, and complaints on printed forms or on computer system
- Establish and maintain customer relationships through courteous and efficient servicing of customer requests
- Interface with customers and warehouse departments, service departments, and manufacturer technical support
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Ready to take on COLLEGE GRADUATES!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or similar degree. Willing to look at graduates that are not from the School of Business.
- Experience in retail, customer service, inside sales, or sales account management during high school and college years required (looking for a total of 6 months to 1 year of this type of experience)
- Excellent writing, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to take initiative and perform independent initial problem solving; be resourceful, prioritize, and organize daily activities; attention to detail is a must
- Work under pressure against tight deadlines; assertiveness is a must!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer