Proposal Specialist (Ashburn, VA)
Download PDF | Posted 03-04-2020
The Proposal Specialist will support business development activities to include all aspects of RFP development, management, and production including coordinating multiple team members, collecting and managing content, writing new content as needed, proofreading and editing content, enforcing timelines, and managing the delivery process as specified.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Write, prepare, research, and coordinate government (state and local) and commercial proposals/bids/contracts.
- Manage the entire contract and proposal process, which includes knowledge of the requirements, formatting, editing, and production. Production includes creating the binders, making CDs, printing, creating labels and FedEx product out.
- Analyze RFP specifications, conduct preparation for RFP specifications, and prepare proposal content and forms in response to RFP.
- Prepare compliance matrices, proposal outlines, and production schedules.
- Monitor progress to ensure task/s are accomplished according to schedule.
- Prepare progress and other reports, compile and analyze data, and advise management of contractual rights and obligations.
- Communicate with internal personnel to develop statement of work, terms and conditions necessary for contract performance and adherence to established contracting policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain positive relations with various state procurement and manufacturer officials.
- Establish minority authorization in states other than those already established.
- Regularly download bids/contracts utilizing the Internet and other means available to develop new business.
- Register DSI and/or self as a bidder in states other than those already registered in.
- Develop a negotiation plan and strategy for each assigned contract; participate as a member of negotiating team on and off site.
- Compose contractual agreements such as letters of intent, confidential disclosure, consultancy, services, products, etc.; writing includes scope of work and terms and conditions.
- Provide contract management support for the Government and Professional Services and operation groups. Support includes preparing proposals, risk mitigation strategy development, negotiations and contract formation, and post-sales contract administration.
- Establish and maintain constructive and effective relationships with contract/bid personnel including the resolution of any problems, preferably preserving positive associations with contractors. Interpret contract terms to actual work performance.
- Provide guidance to supervisors and management on contract/bid matters, as needed, and assist in ensuring that the personnel involved in contract/bid concerns follows company policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of DSI cost pricing, profit margins, etc.
- Attend all training meetings, courses, etc. as required to develop and maintain up-to-date skills and product knowledge.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
- 3-4 years of experience as a Proposal Specialist or Proposal Manager (non-management) with full life cycle Bid / RFP / Proposal response for SLED, Federal, or Commercial proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Preferred experience with SLED or Federal proposals
- Demonstrated ability to prepare complex proposals against tight deadlines
- Able to handle multiple projects and deliver with exceptional accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills and be familiar with working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal skills needed along with creative problem-solving skills
- Committed, accessible, problem-solver, able to attend to detail, ability to follow through, resourceful, self-assured, self-motivated, possesses a sense of urgency, able to communicate and demonstrate action consistent with the company mission and objectives
To apply send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer