Network Voice Engineer (Ashburn, Virginia)
Download PDF | Posted 12-17-2018
This is a mid-level engineering position where the employee will be responsible for implementation and support of Cisco Unified Communications solutions and related technologies. The position has the overall responsibility of implementing services to meet the customer’s requirements, both technically and logistically.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
An employee in this position will be working independently and may be responsible for communicating directly with customers. Work may be performed in our Configurations Center or on‐site at customer facilities.
- Assist and lead implementation of Cisco Unified Communications products such as Call Manager and Call Manager Express with emphasis on UCCX, Contact Center, and Unity.
- Perform software upgrades on existing Cisco voice deployments.
- Provide administrative and end-user training for Cisco voice deployments when needed.
- Provide guidance and leadership to less experienced Network Analysts and Network Professionals.
- Prepare client documentation including Network Designs, Network Assessments, IPT Questionnaires, Implementation Plans, and Post-Implementation Documentation.
- Assist with Managed Services Operations Center requests and trouble tickets on an as-needed basis or on a scheduled rotation basis.
- Respond to RFPs and presales requests.
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Escalate issues and problems on behalf of the Customer.
- Coordinate final testing among customers, consultants, and technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Engineering, Information Technology.
- CCNP or equivalent mid-level certification from alternative manufacturer required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of intermediate hands-on experience.
- Minimum of five years related experience in Cisco VOIP infrastructure/network environments, with some experience in network engineering (hardware and software), network security practices and designing, and planning and implementing LANs and WANs.
- Hands-on experience installing, upgrading, and maintaining Cisco Unified Communications products, particularly UCCX / Contact Center.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Experience with installing and upgrading Cisco voice gateways.
- Able to work within a customer-oriented, positive team environment.
- Excellent English verbal communications and written documentation skills are required; must have the capability to write SOWs (Statement of Work) and respond to technical requirements for RFPs (Request for Proposals).
Employee will be required to sit for long periods of time. In addition, employee is required to stand, walk, climb ladders, carry equipment, bend, kneel, crawl, reach, push, and pull. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on an occasional basis.
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer