NOC Network Technician (Ashburn, VA)
Download PDF | Posted 06-27-2019
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician is responsible for customer support and trouble resolution in a 24x7 operational environment. The NOC Technician will be responsible for monitoring in a SolarWinds environment as well as programming network switches, routers, firewalls, and network applications. Additionally, they will be responsible for establishing, configuring, and troubleshooting WAN connectivity to customer locations. Upon identification of network/system events, the NOC Technician will provide all initial support including troubleshooting, problem analysis, and event isolation.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Provide customer support, receive calls, and perform problem resolution and trouble ticket management in a 24x7 operations environment.
- Resolve incidents to open tickets created by clients and constantly monitor alerts generated by tools to resolve incidents.
- Escalate complex or undocumented issues to higher level technical resources (Sr. Technicians and Engineers).
- Drive issues related to telephony faults and outages to resolution including incident management.
- Provide phone, email, and proactive monitoring technical support of customer's server, computer, and network devices.
- Perform basic Cisco network administration duties such as assisting with the configuration of routers and switches, patch cabling, modifying existing switches, and performing switch upgrades.
- Work in a 24x7 NOC shift environment and work all rotating shifts (as defined).
- Verify that switches and routers (as well as their configured network services and protocols) operate as intended within a given network specification.
- Exchange information clearly and concisely; present ideas and report facts and other information.
- Manage own workflow and resolve questions and problems with supervisor.
- Understand and follow safety/security practices.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- You possess a CCNA or are working toward certification. (Note: CCNA is preferred over working toward the certification).
- You hold a CCENT and are working toward your CCNA.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with a technical focus from a 4 year accredited University or College such as: BS in Technology, BS in Electronics and Communication, BS in Electrical Engineering, BS in Mechanical Engineering, BS in Computer Science; OR you hold an Associate’s degree in a technical field related to network engineering.
- You have six months to one year in a Network Technician role.
- You have experience using ticketing systems such as ServiceNow, Solarwinds, or Remedy.
- Your personality is dynamic, and you possess the ability to establish and maintain a rapport with customers at both the business and technical level.
- You demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You are comfortable working in a demanding environment where the goal is client satisfaction.
- You are a team player with good customer service skills.
- You have a sense of humor and enjoy working in a team-oriented office environment.
To apply send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer