NOC Network Technician (Ashburn, VA)
Download PDF | Posted 11-21-2019
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician is responsible for customer support and trouble resolution in a 24/7 operational environment. The NOC Technician will be responsible for monitoring in a SolarWinds environment as well as programming network switches, routers, firewalls, and network applications. Additionally, the NOC Technician will be responsible for establishing, configuring, and troubleshooting WAN connectivity to customer locations. Furthermore, upon identification of network/system events, the NOC Technician will provide all initial support including troubleshooting, problem analysis, and event isolation.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
As a NOC Technician you will be part of a team that monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots problems with infrastructure including servers, firewalls, routers, switches, and customer premise equipment nationwide. You will employ investigative and troubleshooting skills to resolve both routine and complex network, computer hardware, and OS issues in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining a high uptime rate for all systems.
- Provide customer support, receive calls, and perform problem resolution and trouble ticket management in a 24 x 7 operations environment.
- Resolve incidents to open tickets created by clients and constantly monitor the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents.
- Escalate complex or undocumented issues to higher level technical resources (Sr. Technicians and Engineers).
- Drive issues related to telephony faults and outages to resolution including incident management.
- Provide phone, email, and proactive monitoring technical support of customer's server, computer, and network devices.
- Perform basic Cisco network administration duties such as assisting with the configuration of routers and switches, patch cabling, modifying existing switches, and performing switch upgrades.
- Work in a 24X7 shift NOC environment and work all rotating shifts (as defined).
- Verify that switches and routers, as well as their configured network services and protocols, operate as intended within a given network specification.
- Exchange information clearly and concisely and present ideas and report facts and other information.
- Manage own workflow and resolve questions and problems with supervisor.
- Understand and follow safety/security practices.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
- Must possess CCNA.
- Must have a Bachelor’s tech degree from a 4 year accredited University or College such as: BS in Technology, BS in Electronics and Communication, BS in Electrical Engineering, BS in Mechanical Engineering, BS in Computer Science OR you hold an Associate’s degree in a technical field related to network engineering.
- You have 1 - 3 years of experience in a NOC environment.
- Experience using ticketing systems such as ServiceNow, Solarwinds, or Remedy.
- Your personality is dynamic and you possess the ability to establish and maintain a rapport with customers at both the business and technical level.
- You demonstrate excellent communication in English. This includes verbal communications and written documentation.
- You are comfortable working in a demanding environment where client satisfaction is the ultimate goal.
- You are a team player with good customer-service and communication skills.
- You have a sense of humor and enjoy working in a team-oriented office environment.
To apply send your resume to: email@example.com
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer