Lead NOC Network Technician (Ashburn, VA)
Download PDF | Posted 09-27-2019
DISYS Solutions, Inc. (DSI) is an information technology provider generating over $130 million in annual sales. We are seeking a Network Technician Lead to lead our NOC Team. This position is a key contributor in the success of managing our client’s networks. This position is based at our corporate headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Lead the NOC team and be responsible for the day-to-day technical mentorship.
- Resolve incidents to open tickets created by clients and constantly monitor the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents.
- Escalate complex or undocumented issues to higher level technical resources (Sr. Technicians and Engineers).
- Drive issues related to telephony faults and outages to resolution, including incident management.
- Provide phone, email, and proactive monitoring technical support of customer's server, computer, and network devices.
- Perform basic Cisco network administration duties such as assisting with the configuration of routers and switches, patch cabling, modifying existing switches, and performing switch upgrades.
- Work in a 24X7 shift NOC environment and work all rotating shifts (as defined).
- Verify that switches and routers as well as their configured network services and protocols operate as intended within a given network specification.
- Exchange information clearly and concisely, present ideas, and report facts and other information.
- Manage own workflow and resolve questions and problems with supervisor.
- Understand and follow safety/security practices.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Certification requirements: candidate must possess a CCNA or working toward the certification
- Certification preferred: CCNP (Voice, Security, or Route & Switch)
- Education requirements: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred
- High School diploma / GED required
- Previous experience in a Network Operations Center or Help Desk environment required
- Intermediate knowledge of internet protocols
- Prior experience with network monitoring tools
- Work Experience: 1-2 years of work experience in a Cisco environment preferred
- Successful candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
To apply send your resume to: email@example.com
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer