Junior IT Project Coordinator (Ashburn, VA)
Download PDF | Posted 02-24-2020
DISYS Solutions Inc. (DSI) is seeking a Junior IT Project Coordinator to assist with the growing IT team. The position is based at our Headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia. This person is responsible for assisting with the coordination and completion of projects and overseeing aspects of projects. The Project Coordinator assists with setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing project progress, and preparing project status reports for upper management.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
Responsible for assisting with the coordination and completion of assigned network infrastructure implementation projects. The Project Coordinator assists with setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing project progress, and preparing project status reports for upper management.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist with the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; and develop methods to monitor project or area progress.
- Work with more experienced level Project Managers for assembling the project staff on company implementation projects.
- Manage resource utilization and allocation to ensure that all projects have the correct resources assigned with the appropriate skill sets and capacity to deliver a quality product.
- Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management.
- Maintain confidentiality of the information processed.
- Work on projects given by supervisors.
- Analyze computer needs of business establishments and government entities using knowledge of IT industry and available products.
- Follow all safety practices of Company as well as Client.
- Perform other related duties as required.*
*Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
- Minimum of 1-2 years IT Project Management experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related IT field (or equivalent education and work experience).
- Working knowledge and/or work experience in Cisco product line and Cisco IT Solutions.
- PMP certification or working toward it is a plus.
- Excellent writing, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to take initiative and perform independent initial problem solving; be resourceful and prioritize and organize daily activities; attention to detail is a must.
- Work under pressure against tight deadlines; assertiveness is a must.
To apply send your resume to: email@example.com
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer