Human Resource Generalist (Ashburn, VA)
Download PDF | Posted 08-16-2019
The Human Resource Generalist provides key HR support and coordinates the HR functions for the corporate office as well as all DSI satellite locations. The ideal candidate will possess a strong generalist background in multiple HR "specialty" disciplines including staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations, compliance, payroll administration, and ATS.
DSI is an expanding company providing IT solutions and services for more than 25 years with headquarters in the thriving Dulles Technology corridor (Ashburn, Virginia). We are committed to employee satisfaction through our benefits program and a friendly, team-based culture. DSI is a positive environment to grow, learn, and excel as an industry professional.
If you are looking for an exciting place to work that challenges your abilities and is financially solid and growing every year, then this is the place for you!
DSI is a fun place to work and, in addition to this, we offer an environment where employees are collaborative and welcoming. Company sponsored benefits include:
- 401(k) with a discretionary employer match of up to 3% of gross compensation subject to IRS salary rules
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Handles Management reporting, establishing and maintaining critical data in ADPworkforcenow, performance management, complaint investigations, policy communications, and legal compliance.
- Assists in the development and maintains effective practices and procedures for legal compliance in areas such as FMLA, ADA, and Affirmative Action among others.
- Works with HR Manager to ensure all hiring managers and department heads receive communications, guidance, and support with regard to implementing and maintaining company practices and procedures.
- Develops and analyzes HR metrics, such as employee turnover reports.
- Oversees all record keeping procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal laws as well as company policy.
- Acts as first point of contact for payroll administration, client billing, and internal engineering reports. Develop a partnership with hiring managers and all department heads to support and oversee communication, implementation, maintenance, and adherence to all company human resources and benefit programs.
- Provides training and presentations as needed from information and training provided by Corporate and/or Group in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
- Approaches all encounters with employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Always maintains confidentiality of all verbal and/or documented information.
- Maintains open door policy.
- Trains and assists other HR staff members as needed.
- Performs other special projects and tasks as assigned by HR Manager or Executive Management.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related area.
- Three to five years progressive human resources experience.
- Progressive human resource experience recruiting at both an exempt and non-exempt level.
- Must have strong organizational, follow-up, and follow-through skills.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Must have strong communication (written and oral) skills and be able to deal with stressful situations.
- Must be analytical and detail oriented.
- General working knowledge of human resources, problem solving, conflict resolution, consulting skills, and decision-making skills.
- Broad knowledge of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and other employment and labor laws necessary.
- Intermediate-level skills in Microsoft Office; advanced-level skills in Microsoft Excel required in creating pivot tables, graphs/charts, and writing formulas.
- Strong self-starter with the ability to take on and complete projects with minimal direction.
- Must be available to travel up to 25% and must possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must hold a clean Motor Vehicle Report as employee (must drive company cars for business purposes).
To apply send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer